'Chladni plate' experiment
I decided to try and recreate the Chladni patterns at home, I did this by sprinkling salt on a metal plate and rubbing a violin bow against the edge of the plate. The result in the photos show that it did not work too well probably because there was not enough surface area for the pattern to form so only half of the pattern formed. I quite liked the wavy lines that it created, and drew over these lines to give a more abstract view of what was formed. I also overlapped the three together, but I don’t think they look to effective together or have much purpose. I will probably continue doing more experiments, and find a way to develop these later.
Page 1 of 1